Wardrobe revamp + How to flatter your bust shape!
Please take all my tips lightheartedly, there is no right or wrong way to dress regardless of what people may tell you. These tips some are just my opinion, and all I'm aiming to do is help you think twice about what may be more suited to your body shape. Don't take me TOO seriously! :)
TIPS FOR THE BIGGER BUST
Bigger breasted women can look alot heavier than they actually are. Here are a few simple tips on what to look out for when trying to look slimmer. By all means wear low cut cleavage popping necklines but remember that there is a time and a place for everything.
- Opt for deep V necks instead as this will be slimming giving the illusion of a longer neck therefore distracting away from the breasts. High or rounded necklines will make you look top heavy.
- Try wearing a long skinny cotton scarf wrapped around once, with both long bits hanging at the front to break up the proportions if wearing a round neckline.
- Wear a waist belt to clench in your waist to reveal a more proportioned silhouette.
- Make sure that the end of your necklace doesn’t end right on the largest part of your breasts. A longer length that reaches to your stomach or a shorter length will be more flattering.
- Avoid thin straps and opt for thicker straps instead to offer you support and balance out the proportion.
- Wrap dresses and tops are great as they accentuate the waist and distract away from the breasts.
- Make sure you are wearing the correct bra size, this will make a HUGE difference as it will lift and support.
And look below at Kim getting it wrong even though she is wearing a waist belt and V neck. Why did she get it wrong? Because she is wearing a top underneith the dress that cuts her at the wrong point, her hair is out and ends right on her breasts creating more fuss and volume where it shouldn't be. She has also worn shoes that cut her at the ankle making the proportions look off. Keyshia Cole on the left got it right.
TIPS FOR THE SMALLER BUST
A smaller bust is great, in fact you can pull of almost any style whilst looking classy. You don't have to worry about anything popping out or looking trashy. Here are some of my tips.
- Opt for higher or rounded necklines, stay away from V necks as this will only make your breasts look smaller but, a rounded V may work.
- Wear frilly and patterned tops around the bust area to introduce detail and create volume.
- Avoid thick strips as it will make your breasts appear smaller, thin spaghetti straps are much more flattering.
- Wear chunky or layered necklaces to create more volume around the breast area to create more dimension.
See Alicia Keys getting it right for her small bust.. (Images: Google)
What are your tips? I'm getting rid of any of my clothes that don't fit, make me look fat, and make me look blah. I'm keeping all my clothes that make me feel special and I aim to dress 'special' everyday. Start the new year as you mean to go on!