Below is a picture of me on my Henna night where I was at my ideal weight.. I was forced to do this pose, it's not my usual custom! :) I think it's great to look at old pictures of when you felt good about yourself, as it really gets you off your feet and motivates you to achieve your goals.
Click to enlarge.
A lot of people have been asking me how I have lost some of the weight, All I can say is "It's not rocket science, healthy eating and exercise!" Everyone is trying to find a quick fix or some crazy diet. Sorry to break it to you, but the most effective way to lose weight and maintain it is by controlling what you eat and getting off your lazy backside.
Here are my tips on eating;
- Don't be too hard on yourself and give yourself a 'cheat day' and what I mean by that is to pick a day, I chose Saturday and choose ONE meal of the day where you can eat whatever junk you want, it can be greasy fish and chips, doner kebab, KFC and / or naughty desert such as a kingsize snickers bar or chocolate pudding. I assure you, you will feel sick afterwards and not fancy anything unhealthy during the week.
- What do I normally eat eat? Breakfast: Porridge, cereal, wholemeal pitta bread with honey or peanut butter, scrambled eggs. (make sure your peanut butter doesn't contain vegetable fat, only crushed peanuts, palm oil & salt.) + I only ever drink skimmed milk. Snacks: Fruits, nuts and seeds. Lunch / Dinner: grilled chicken, salad & rice - spaghetti bolognaise - grilled salmon, rice & veg - grilled steak, mushrooms & rice - soup - lamb chops, oven chips & salad, quorn burgers in wholemeal bun & salad - jacket potato & tuna salad - grilled tuna steak, salad & rice - chicken stirfry with noodles. (Lately I have been obsessed with 'quorn' they use mycoprotein to make 'fake' meat, it's high in protein and low in saturated fat which is perfect & yummy!) (BEFORE PURCHASING ANYTHING CHECK THE NUTRITIONAL VALUE)
- Keep the first 2 meals of the day mainly carbs (porridge, rice, potato + pasta) protein (lean meat = chicken & fish) and complex carbs (vegetables & salad) Pick and choose to suit yourself.
- Don't eat carbs in the evening, stick to protein and complex carbs.
- Aim for a maximum of 100gms of carbs a day if you want to lose fat.
I only ever use olive oil, I check the saturated fat content of whatever I buy, I only eat low fat or zero % fat yogurt. I don't eat white bread, I don't drink fizzy drinks, I love water, fresh juice and smoothies. I love earl gray tea but don't have it very often and I hardly ever drink coffee.
I will be at my ideal weight soon, and I can feel 100% comfortable again! I'm not saying being 'skinny' is the way to go - that' not my aim AT ALL, it's just about what makes you feel comfortable, I LOVE my curves!