I gave my mum a makeover...
To a moisturised face I applied...
- Bourjois 10hr sleep effect foundation, YSL Touche Eclat concealer under the eyes and to highlight the face, and I dusted Mac's sheer mystery powder to set. (Image 1. shows what her face looked like at this stage.)
- The taupe e/s from Nars 'Madrague duo' to her crease, and the vanilla e/s to the entire lid from the same duo. I used Eyeko's line & shine, black glitter pencil to tightline and also applied to the waterline.
- Benefit's Eyebright to the inner corners of the eye. Max factor lash extension mascara and I groomed her brows with Mac's clear brow gel, and filled in any sparse areas.
- For her cheeks I used Nars 'Orgasm' as blush, Too faced bronzer from the 'Starlette' palette and MeMeMe gold cream to highlight her cheekbones.
- On her lips I used the nude/peach shade also from the 'Starlette' palette from Too faced, and I applied the silverish colour on the middle parts of her lips to help them look fuller. I also used a lipliner by Prestige called 'Silk' to neatly line her lips. (Image 2. shows what her face looked like after this stage.)
My mum is a very cheerful person, and can see the funny side of EVERYTHING.
My mum felt the need to apply a bright lipstick, but I stopped her, I was like 'no, this is a natural look' but, then she asked to have winged eyeliner... I couldn't refuse. Here's what it looked like.
I asked my mum what her secret to looking so young was, and this is what she said:
"I regularly do facial yoga/exercises, I really believe it's helped to lift my eyes. I do it every morning for different parts of my face and highly recommend it. I only wear foundation on very special occasions. Cleanse, tone and moisturise, wear SPF. Stay positive, and don't stress!!"
Well, lets hope I look like that at 44, *praying it's genetics* :)
What anti aging tips do you have?