Sticking to what's best for ME!
I have been using quite a few Neal's Yard products on and off for over a year now. Click HERE to see my first ever skincare post on this blog. I really should never have experimented with new skincare and should have stuck to what was best for me. I recently posted about how much I love the Olay UV fluid, but the chemicals inside it do concern me, I really do prefer natural organic skincare.
I have also tried other 'natural' skincare including Liz Earle (review to come), Dr Organics, and a few more brands from 'Planet Organic'. However, even though the products themselves are quite nice, I just don't like the packaging.
For me, Neal's Yard skincare has quality products and beautiful glass bottle packaging. *Perfect!*
Here's what I purchased...
My skin type is currently 'normal' with dry areas.
- JASMINE ENRICHING CREAM - This is the richest cream they do, it's for dry or neglected skin. It contains jojoba to help the skin retain moisture, vitamin E to protect and restore dry or sun damaged skin. I use this as a night cream as the texture is very thick, the scent is quite 'herbal'. My skin is in good condition, but I love sunbathing and used to go on the sunbed quite a lot, so I feel like this cream corrects damage.
- ORANGE FLOWER WATER - This toner is AMAZING, it's supposed to tone, refine dry skin and encourage a fresh glowing complexion. It contains neroli oil distilled from the blossom of the bitter orange tree. Whenever I use this, my skin just feels and looks better. I don't know why my skin loves it so much, but it does.
- LEMONGRASS SUN SPRAY SPF15 - This is a 1st time purchase, so I can't tell you how it feels. I was told I should apply this after I apply my moisturiser for a layer of protection. The consistency is very light and sheer, it's quickly absorbed and hopefully will perform well.
- NOURISHING ORANGE FLOWER FACIAL POLISH - This is also a 1st time purchase. It's a gentle exfoliator to smooth and nourish dry skin which includes honey and orange flower oil. I was told to use it roughly twice a week.
- I also purchased a spray pump for my orange flower water and got samples of the calendula cleanser, re hydrating rose daily moisture cream which I have never tried and the wild rose beauty balm, (I always get samples of this as full size is SO expensive, the sample lasts me about 3 uses, I use it at night for an intense moisture mask.) POWER BERRY MOISTURE CREAM - This was the cream that was free with Marie Claire magazine, I have been using it everyday for almost 2 weeks in the mornings and decided to buy another magazine & get another freebie as it's £22 for 100ml in the shop, so £3.50 for 50ml is a bargain! The consistency is light and quickly absorbed. It smells really nice and I like that it has a matte finish on my skin even though it claims to give a dewy finish. It claims to boost radiance & protect youthful skin. It includes antioxidant rich acai, bilberry and goji berry to help fight the effects of free radicals.
I'm such an addict! Currently I use their vitamin E and avocado night cream which is suitable for all skin types. I will be alternating between this and the jasmine enriching cream depending on the amount of moisture I feel my skin needs. I also have a bottle of the rosehip seed oil to hand for a DIY face massage or to intensify moisture. Furthermore, I sometimes use their orange flower facial oil as an eye cream. As a facial cleanser/wash I am still using my beloved sebamed cleansing bar which I will probably use for the rest of my life, I have plenty of backups as I feel it really helps control and balance the PH level of my skin. I still love the Lush tea tree water, and Boot's original beauty formula vanishing cream for the hot and sweaty summer days.
WOW, that was a major skincare post!
Have you tried Neal's Yard?