PINK - Powder Blushes
Here's 5 to lust over..
- MAC Tippy LE (Beauty powder blush) on the left
- Mac Dollymix (Sheertone shimmer) on the right.
Both of these have been compared to each other as Tippy was limited edition with the Hello Kitty collection, however as you can see, Tippy is more cool toned as opposed to Dollymix which is more warm toned and Rosy. Dollymix is also sheerer than Tippy but still pigmented.
- NARS Angelika
This is a cool toned medium pink with finely milled silver sparkles.
- MAC Moon River LE mineralised grand duo on the left
- MAC Well Dressed (Satin) on the right.
Both of these blush colours look quite similar in tone, but Well dressed is slightly darker, it's a satin so it has a soft sheen with no glitter. However, Moon River is very glittery which I use it as a highlight, I can see it working as a blush for fairer skins.
Here are the swatches for comparison!
- To be honest I NEVER wear Tippy, it's far too pigmented on me and it just looks way too much. I do think however it will get some use when I am uber tanned.
- Dollymix doesn't look that special in the pot but when applied looks beautiful. It has a soft sheen and applies really pigmented but still manages to look natural, I would however recommend a light hand.
- Well Dressed is a perfect blush for those who don't like to wear blush. Even though I love blush I do tend to skip it in my routine sometimes. When I wear this I don't feel like I need a highlighter as the soft sheen adds a nice glow.
- Moon River is a sparkly icy pale pink, it's probably the most used powder blush in my collection. I tend to use the lighter side as a highlighter, and the darker side as a blush when I want my cheeks to glow, it will look really pretty and stand out more on fairer tones of skin.
I love Well Dressed for everyday, Dollymix is for when I want the perfect pink cheeks and Moon River is my perfect pink toned highlighter that doubles as a blush. Sadly Angelika and Tippy don't get a lot of love.
The conclusion? Yes, I have struck gold with Well Dressed and Dollymix and they are my perfect pink blushes! *Claps*
What's your favourite pink blush?