The Z Palette!
The Z palette is available in 2 sizes, large and small.
Here's the large Z palette, I have my Urban Decay book of shadows on the left, with some Illamasqua, Mac and random other brands of eye shadows mixed together.
When closed it's a tiny bit larger than a standard Mac 15 eyeshadow palette.
However, when open the inner perimeters are roughly the same size as a Mac eyeshadow palette with the insert removed.
I can fit 26 Mac eyeshadows into a Mac palette (no insert) and 27 into a large Z palette. I have kept my Mac eye shadows in my Mac palette as the 1 extra isn't worth the move!
The smaller Z palette fits 9 Mac eyeshadows...
Points to consider:
- The lid of the z palettes have a see through plastic lid which enables you to see what's inside.
- By depotting your make up you get to save plenty of space!
- You can fit 27 Mac eyeshadows into the large z palette, which is 1 more than you would fit into a Mac palette.
- The small z palette holds 9 Mac eyeshadows and great for travelling.
- As the z palettes don't have inserts you can fit any depotted size of products mixing and matching brands.
- The Z palettes are quite sturdy, with a magnetic closure.
- Available in 4 different colourways, zebra print, leopard print, pink and black.
- They are made out of cardboard and can get scruffy looking after general wear and tear.
- The large palette is extremely heavy even when empty, making it a 'no no' in my books for travelling. I understand that the magnet was made stronger which is why it's heavier as they had a problem with the previous style, but regardless I don't like how heavy it is.
- The inner perimeters of the large palette could have been a bit larger so that a few more Mac eyeshadows fit.
- I thought that I would have been able to fit my depotted book of shadows into the small z palette but it was too tight by about 1mm, which was a shame.
My final thoughts: I would recommend the small z palette as it's great for travelling, a decent weight and can fit 9 Mac eyeshadows and isn't that much larger than a Mac quad. My favourite colourway is the zebra print.
I would only recommend the large z palette for a way of organising your makeup at home and not for travelling due to how heavy it is.
Z palettes are available worldwide, find out more HERE.
UK prices: Large £14.99 & Small £8.99
Disclaimer: I was sent these products for review as I contacted them directly, I was not paid to blog about them and I am not affiliated with the brand. This is my honest opinion as always!