Yahnili Makarna, my favourite meal!
I have to let you all in on the recipe as it's just amazing! Here's my way of making it.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Cubed chicken pieces (I used 2 breast pieces)
- Cubed onions (I used 2)
- 1 Cubed tomato
- Tomato paste
- Tinned plum tomato
- Olive oil
- 1 and a half fresh Lemons
- Dried mint
- Salt and Pepper
Here we go!
- 1) Fry the onions until golden.
- 2) Add your chicken and fry them until cooked.
- 3) Add your cubed tomato and tomato paste.
- 4) Fry for a few minutes
- 5) Add your tinned plum tomato (I squash mine as I'm adding it).
- 6) Add salt to season and stir for a couple of minutes.
- 7) Add cold water until the whole pot is almost covered.
- 8) Squeeze 1 and a half lemons or what you desire.
After the yahni has come to boiling point you should turn the heat down and leave to simmer for about 1 hour, keep stirring and tasting it as you go along. Add more salt, lemon juice or water until the perfect flavour is achieved. It should taste beautiful, all the juices of the tomato, chicken and lemon should be combined with the salt to deliver a beautiful flavoursome kick.
Next prepare the halloumi cheese..
You should start to cook your pasta about 15 minutes before you wish to serve.
Please note that you will need a plate that is deep enough to hold the juice.
- A) Sprinkle the halloumi mixture onto a plate.
- B) Add the pasta and sprinkle some more of the halloumi mixture.
- C) Add the 'Yahni' with plenty of juice.
- D) Sprinkle a last dose of the halloumi mixture.
Enjoy! Afiyet Olsun, Bon Appetit!
Let me know if you give it a go!