Now, don't necessarily look at the brands of the brushes, look at the SHAPE instead.
For a typical look these are the brushes I use in order
- MAC 242 - This is a flat synthetic brush which I use to pack colour onto my eyelid, I may even use the tip to add precise crease definition. This is the only type of brush that I can use to reflect the true colour of an eyeshadow, a fluffy e/s brush just doesn't give you the same effect.
- SMASHBOX #30 - This is a great pencil brush with just enough softness to blend out the colour in the crease or outer corner. Mac or Sigma's pencil brush doesn't blend out as well in my opinion.
- MAC 217 - This is the perfect brush to blend an array of colours into the crease, you can even use it to apply a wash of colour onto the eyelid and as a concealer brush. A must have for sure!
- ELF LIP DEFINER - I use this brush to highlight the inner corers of my eyes and under my eyebrow, it's tiny and soft to help achieve a perfect blended look.
- SMASHBOX #10 - The most amazing blending brush ever, I don't use this to lay down any colour unless I want subtle colour payoff, I use this to blend blend blend. This is the secret to the blended looks I achieve, no look is complete without a "swish swish" from this brush!!
What are your top 5 eye brushes?