Everyday Makeup Staples!
There are a handful of makeup products I can't live without, and I will repurchase over and over again. I don't wear makeup everyday but when I do it's usually a soft natural look, however evening makeup is another story.
My makeup has to be quick and polished, here are my staples and the order I use them in...
- I mix Mac 'Face & Body' foundation (Full Review HERE) with Mac 'Strobe liquid' in the palm of my hand, about half of each and apply directly to my face with my fingers. This creates a luminous sheer finish which I LOVE.
- I use Mac 'Studio finish concealer' in NC30 to pinpoint conceal, I have a couple of scars that need coverage.
- I use YSL 'Touche Eclat' under my eyes to cover up the darkness under my eyes. I much prefer By Terry 'Touche veloutee' but I'm out! :(
- I curl my lashes with the Shue Uemura curlers.
- I apply Clinique '03 intense chocolate' brown eyeliner on the upper lash line and smudge & wing it out with the applicator on the other end. I also tight line and apply liner to the waterline but only on the inner and outer corners, I find that if i line it all the way it closes up my eyes.
- I apply Urban Decay 'Baked' 24/7 eyeliner on the lower lash line slightly smudging it into the brown which compliments my eye colour.
- I apply mascara.
- I contour/bronze with Benefit 'Hoola' (Full Review HERE) focusing under my cheekbones with the 'trish McEvoy' fan brush, I also dust it into my crease which balances me out.
- I apply Jemma Kid lip liner in '02 Nutmeg' which is the exact same shade as my natural lip colour.
- I then apply lip balm (Apivita is my favourite at the moment) & a tiny dab of concealer on the centre of my lips to mute them out to balance out the eyeliner.
I don't always wear eyeliner as it can look heavy and does take some time, usually it's just mascara and lipstick/gloss but this is the exact look I have been rocking lately.
And here's me wearing everything stated. I haven't been doing anything to my brows as I have been growing them out since January, luckily they're getting back into shape.
Hope you are all well, as an FYI: I have lost 15lbs so if I look a little different it's because my face has slimmed down. :) I will be doing a proper post dedicated to my weight loss quite soon! However, keep up to date on Instagram by following 'OfficialFoodDiary' with my daily food and fitspo photos.
What are your makeup staples?
Disclaimer: The Clinique eyeliner, Apivita lip balm & Trish McEvoy' brush was sent or given to me at a press event for review purposes a long time ago now :) I wasn't paid to mention any of the products & I'm not affiliated with the brands mentioned. Honest opinion as always.