Shopping for thy self!
Good morning and happy Thursday! Wow it has been ages since I last blogged, we are now pretty much settled into our new place minus the dining table, doors, my dressing table and tiles in the bathroom.... Errr ok we still have a lot to do but it's looking pretty good.
Yesterday I treated myself to a few things that I'm excited about so naturally I had to share!
- KIEHL'S Creamy Eye Treatment - I just love the texture of this, it's basically one of the most hydrating eye creams on the market, it has a thick but smooth consistency and has a slight sheen finish which I love. It's enriched with avocado oil and will enable my concealer literally glide on. I aim to use this mainly in the mornings as I am using a different eye cream at night which is more of an anti ageing one.
- AVENE Thermal Spring Water - I go through bottles of this stuff like it nobodys business. I use it to freshen up during the day particularly when I need a little wake me up, I use it like a toner to mist over my face (although now the SA at Kiehl's made me want their calendula toner) I also use it after my makeup almost like a setting spray when I am out of Mac fix+.
- THE BODY SHOP Mango Body Butter - I love body butters and the body shop ones have always been my favourite, I used them throughout my pregnancy and love all the different scents. Mango has always been high up there scent wise and yesterday I managed to grab the body butter, shower gel and perfume all for £15 as they had some kind of special offer.
- BENEFIT Fake Up Concealer (Shade 02) - I LOVE love love this, it's my second tube and I was scraping the remainder of the last tube with a brush and usually I'm quick to toss products. This concealer has a balm and an extremely creamy and hydrating texture that manages to last all day without creasing.
- REAL TECHNIQUES Miracle Complexion Sponge - I have wanted to try this for ages but it's always been out of stock but I finally got it yesterday *happy dance* I have never tried the 'Beauty Blender' as I find the price ridiculously high for a sponge, but have tried a dupe version in the past by 'Cosmopolitan' which I really enjoyed. The shape of this RT one really excites me and I'm really looking forward to trying this baby on my face. The idea is to wet the sponge then bounce/stipple your base to create a airbrushed dewy finish and use the different angles to get different finishes.
The sponge up close...
What have you purchased for yourself lately?
And do you have any favourite Kiehl's products you would recommend?