My Minimised Makeup Collection...
Wow, so this post has been a long time coming as it's really interesting for me personally and I'm sure for many others to see what I have narrowed my collection down to. It's a real mixture of brands and here is what I'm using at the moment.
I'm going to start off by saying I try to apply the "one in, one out" rule for my makeup too, so I don't buy a new mascara before the one I am using is finished which has helped decrease and minimise my collection greatly.
I can't say I have applied this to ALL areas as I still have quite a few lipsticks but it has still been decreased about 80%.
- Mac Face & Body Foundation (Shade C3)- This is the only foundation I own and use as it has a gorgeous light coverage with an extremely natural finish as it's water based. Check my full review HERE! I don't wear foundation everyday so I don't need to own 2352 different versions.
- Benefit Porefessional - A lovely primer that I sometimes use under the Mac Face & Body or on my lids for a longer lasting finish.
- Mac Strobe Cream - I love this stuff for a dewy finish on my cheek bones for days I want to look super fresh.
- Mac NC30 Studio Finish Concealer - This is my number 1, I use it everyday to cover any blemishes with a brush and sometimes even under the eyes warmed up in-between my fingers if I haven't had enough sleep. Review HERE!
- Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer - This concealer has a lighter and darker shade which I mainly use under my eyes, sometimes I mix the colours or use as is depending on how tanned I am. I did a review on this before, check it HERE!
- Benefit Hoola - I have the stick and powder version, the powder version being my favourite. This has always been a favourite and I purchased it to replace my Nars Casino but I think I prefer this more as it's cooler. Review HERE!
- Mac Snowflushed Extra Dimension Skin Finish - I love this beautiful illuminating highlighter, and I'm sure it will last me ages, I don't use blush but this gives me the perfect amount of colour whilst highlighting.
- Benefit Bad Gal Bang - I got this in a Xmas see and it's not my favourite, but once it runs out I will be repurchasing L'oreal Voluminous as it has always been my favourite.
- Makeup Revolution Light Brown Eyebrow Pencil - I have repurchased this about 10x already, it's a lovely waxy pencil that is the best match for my brows and is under £3.
- Benefit Gimme Brow - A great eyebrow gel that actually keeps them in place, to be honest though a bit of hairspray on a brush also does the trick.
- Miss Sporty - Khol Kajal Deep brown - A lovely soft chunky eyeliner that is perfect to smudge in for a subtle everyday look.
- Barry M Eye Define Liquid Liner - This is really nice long lasting true glossy black liquid eyeliner with a bendy but sharp applicator, I also like L'oreals version and buy which ever is on offer when I run out.
- Rimmel Nude Eye Pencil + Sable Brown - Great on the water line, Rimmel pencils have always been great basics. (I can't believe I have stopped using black pencil on my waterline, I now find it too harsh.)
- Nars Galapagos Eyeshadow - Yes, if I could only own 1 eyeshadow it would be this. It's a beautiful brown shade with specks of golden finely milled micro glitter that can be applied with a light or dark hand to create a more smoky finish.
- Mac 'Ready to Party' Eyeshadow - I can't rave about this enough, it's what I use daily on the inner corners of my eyes.
- Bourjois 01 & 03 - 01 is a lovely classic champagne gold shade suitable for all over the lid for a great everyday look. 03 is like a nude dusting of glitter to amp up the look. I enjoy both of these as they are easy to apply with my fingers.
- Mac Lipsticks - Pure Zen, Sandy B, Ramblin' Rose, Creme Cup, Velvet Teddy, Freckletone, Ruby Woo & Diva. My all time favourite is 'Creme Cup' which I probably wear most days. I am so terribly disappointed that 'Hue' has been discontinued but I have found that L'oreal does a good dupe, however the shade number has rubbed off so I can't tell you what it is! I now only own 1 red shade (Ruby Woo) and one berry shade (Diva) in the Mac mini versions as I don't wear them that often.
- Lipliners - Barry M (Minx) this is a great dupe for Mac 'Dervish' which I team with 'Creme Cup'. Miss Sporty 'Coffee', Collection 'Nude Pink' are both quite similar to Mac 'Spice'. Another favourite is Rimmel 'Addiction' which I have run out of. I sometimes also use Rimmel 'Hazel' brow pencil on my lips as it's similar to Mac 'Oak' when wearing 'Velvet Teddy'. I have Mac 'Cherry' for when I wear a red lip.
- Lipgloss - Mac 'Oyster Girl' - I realised I'm not really a lipgloss person so reduced it to just the one, I use this over the top of nude lips for when I want glossy lips for more of an evening look
Wow, all done! I don't own a face powder as I never really used it. My skin isn't that oily for me to need it daily. I just pat my T-zone with some tissue if I need to blot and voila. I got rid of my palettes as I don't want too much choice and to stress about what shade to use, I also don't like the bulky packaging that comes with them. I use my bronzer in my crease, and don't really wear eyeshadow daily. However, I am thinking that I need Mac's 'Texture' eyeshadow a warm brown and maybe 'Carbon' for some black when I really want a smokey look, apart from that I don't think I am missing anything!